What to Do When Charged with a DUI

What To Do When Charged with a DUI in PA

DUI RightsIf you have been charged with a driving under the influence (DUI) or driving after imbibing (DAI), it is important that you have an understanding of the steps to take in order to protect your interests. I am Pennsylvania DUI charge attorney Basil D. Beck III. I represent clients throughout the five-county area in all aspects of DUI cases.

I am committed to seeing that your rights are protected above all else. I help level the playing field between you and the legal system. If you have been arrested for drunk driving in Pennsylvania, the following information can provide valuable insight into what you should and should not do following a drunk driving arrest.

  1. Know your rights: For many people, their first DUI stop is their first ever encounter with the law. They think that by cooperating with the police they can improve their chances of a positive result. Unfortunately, they are only giving the police the necessary evidence to secure a conviction.
  2. Exercise your rights: Most people don’t know that they have the right to refuse roadside field sobriety and breath tests without criminal penalty. Though refusal could lead to a license suspension, no additional criminal charge comes into play. In addition, you don’t have to answer any questions from the police without a lawyer present. Don’t give away any evidence that will only be used to convict you.
  3. Hire a good lawyer: The police usually will not take the time to explain your rights, so you will likely have little to go on in terms of legal advice. I do understand your rights, and my only goal is to see that you receive fair treatment under the law. When you hire me as your attorney, you can rely on me to do everything in my power to protect them.

Call for a Free DUI Consultation in PA

Contact my offices in Norristown to discuss your DUI/DAI case. I will give you a free consultation so we can discuss your available legal options and build a plan of action designed to achieve the best possible result in your case. You can reach me by phone at 610-239-8870 or via e-mail.