Montgomery County PA Underage Drinking Lawyer
As a lawyer who defends countless young adults in Montgomery County, I believe that a small mistake made by a young people should not haunt them for the rest of their lives. In Montgomery County PA, a conviction for underage drinking, furnishing alcohol to minors, or possessing alcohol carries with it the following consequences.
- A mandatory suspension of PA driving privileges for anywhere between 90 days and two (2) years;
- A criminal conviction under the PA Criminal Statutes;
- A blemish on one's record that will be seen by colleges, graduate schools, and future employers.
As you can see above, it is imperative that anyone charged under the underage drinking statute contact a Montgomery County PA underage drinking lawyer so that they may diminish the effects of a conviction or avoid a conviction altogether. I am Basil D. Beck III
and I have been handling underage drinking cases in PA for over twenty years I have fought and won underage drinking cases in every county in Pennsylvania. In my experience, the best defenses to underage drinking are:
- The defendant was over 21 years of age
- The defendant was not actually in physical control of alcohol;
- The defendant was not properly breathalyzed;
- No probable cause exists to issue a ticket;
- The only evidence that the police have is the defendant's statement that they drank
Diversionary Programs Instead of Conviction?
Some District Courts will offer the defendant the opportunity to do alcohol classes and/or community service in exchange for a dismissal or downgrade of the charges. Some of them are good; some of them are not so good. Some programs will NOT result in a dismissal and some will still result in a loss of driving privileges. When deciding whether to enter a diversionary program it is important to consult with a skilled Montgomery County underage drinking lawyer so they can counsel you on the consequences of entering a particular program. I am Basil D. Beck III and I urge those charged under the PA Underage Drinking statute to contact me for a completely free consultation regarding their underage charge at (610) 239-8870. My main office is located in Norristown, PA and I practice throughout Montgomery County in towns like Limerick, Collegeville, Hatboro, Lower Moreland, Glenside, Horsham, Springfield Twp, Willow Grove, Lansdale, Abington, Lafayette Hill, Blue Bell and Whitpain Township.