DUI Alternative Sentencing

DUI (Driving Under the Influence) Alternative Sentencing

Montgomery County DUI Attorney PAFor people who have been convicted of driving under the influence (DUI), their first question is often whether they are going to jail or if they will have the conviction on their records for the rest of their lives. Pennsylvania takes drunk driving offenses very seriously and jail time is a very real possibility, even for a first-time offender. There are alternatives available under the law, however, that can help reduce the impact of a conviction.

Many people who are facing DUI charges don’t understand their rights or legal options if they are convicted. An experienced Pennsylvania DUI alternative sentencing attorney can provide the strong representation and sound advice you need. At The Law Offices of Basil D. Beck III, I have extensive experience in DUI cases, and I fight aggressively to beat the charges against you. If a conviction happens, however, I have the skill and commitment to seek the best available result for your case.

DUI Sentencing Alternatives in Pennsylvania

ARD: ARD stands for Alternative Rehabilitative Disposition. It is a diversionary program for first-time offenders. If you are admitted to the ARD program and successfully complete all of the requirements, you will not have to serve any jail time, the license suspension period will be much shorter and the criminal charges will be dismissed.

Rehabilitative programs: In some cases, entry into a drug or alcohol program can be negotiated as an alternative to jail time. Voluntary entry into treatment can show that you are serious about changing your prior behavior and may persuade the court to support rehabilitation over incarceration.

Other DUI sentencing alternatives can include:

Call for a Free Consultation

Contact my office in Norristown to discuss your questions about alternative DUI sentencing. I offer a free consultation so we can go over what has happened and discuss the available options to achieve the best possible result in your case. You can reach me by phone at 610-239-8870 or via e-mail.