Montgomery County PA Juvenile Defense Lawyer
- Are you looking for a Montgomery County PA Juvenile Lawyer?
- Has your son or daughter been arrested for drug possession, assault or another juvenile crime in the Montgomery County PA area
- Is your child facing a plea hearing, adjudication hearing, or disposition hearing in Montgomery County PA?
- Are you a minor who is in trouble with the law for underage drinking, driving under the influence (minor DUI), or shoplifting?
- Are you a teenager facing juvenile charges and you want to avoid going to trial and to jail?
- Is your son or daughter facing a detention hearing before they can return home?
If you or your child has been received a juvenile petition charging them with a crime— before you do anything else — speak to a Montgomery County PA Juvenile Lawyer with experience helping minors in the Montgomery County juvenile justice system. Call 610-239-8870 or contact me today
for a free and completely confidential evaluation.
The Pennsylvania Juvenile Justice System — Geared Towards Rehabilitation Not Punishment
Unlike the adult criminal court system, the juvenile justice system in Pennsylvania is geared toward rehabilitation. The goal is to nip small problems in the bud - before they become bigger problems in a young persons life. Therapy, counseling, drug treatment, community service and diversionary programs are often available to young people who want to avoid a trial. It is important to remember that children are not found "guilty" of a crime as a juvenile rather they are found to be "delinquent." When a juvenile crime is charged, a petition, not a criminal complaint, is filed. At this point an "intake conference" is often scheduled where the minor and his parents often first meet with a probation officer or other member of the juvenile justice system to discuss alternatives to a trial. Alternatives to a trial are:
- Informal Adjustments - This is where the Montgomery County Court takes no formal action against the juvenile but merely monitors the case for a period of time;
- Consent Decrees - This is where the Montgomery County Court places the child on a term of probation. If the child completes its successfully the petition will be dismissed entirely and the child will be eligible for a complete expungement of their arrest record;
- Expungement - Because it is so critical for juveniles in Montgomery County to have clean records as the start their journey through life, a juvenile lawyer must work hard, whatever the outcome of the case may be, to make sure the child is eligible for an expungement after a predetermined time once the case is over.
At the Law Offices of Basil D. Beck
, we defend clients against all juvenile crimes, including:
Whatever charges you are facing, or your child is facing, juvenile lawyer Basil D. Beck III
will work to resolve the charges as quickly and effectively as possible. In any juvenile case, our firm works to protect the juvenile's rights and promote his or her future well-being. To schedule a free, confidential consultation regarding juvenile criminal charges, contact my office
today. I will return your call or e-mail as soon as possible.