Villanova PA Underage Drinking Lawyer
While Villanova is a dry campus, there is still a certain amount of underage drinking that occurs on school grounds, as well in "off campus" housing around Villanova and in the bars on the Main Line in close proximity to Villanova. The police of Lower Merion Township
, Tredyffrin Twp, Radnor Twp
, and Newtown Square give out hundreds of underage drinking tickets to underage Villanova students every year and it is important to to contact a Villanova underage drinking lawyer when this happens. I have been representing Villanova students for underage drinking tickets for over twenty years and I know the best approach to take for each ticket: considering the individuals, the facts, and the Court they are in. If you or your child has received an underage drinking ticket at, or around, Villanova PA consider the following carefully:
- A conviction for underage drinking carries a 90 day suspension of PA driving privileges for the first offense; a one year suspension for the second offense; and a 2 year suspension for a third and subsequent offense;
- A conviction creates a criminal record that could be seen by future employers and graduate schools;
- A conviction can create a disciplinary problem at school with Villanova Student Life
Defenses to Underage Drinking
The most common defenses to underage drinking are:
- The defendant is over 21 years of age;
- The defendant was NOT given a breathalyzer;
- The defendant was NOT is possession of alcohol;
- The sole evidence that the police have is the defendant's statement that they drank.
Some courts will allow offer you or your child the opportunity to enter a "diversionary program" where the defendant will be allowed to complete community service and /or alcohol awareness classes in exchange for a dismissal or downgrade of the charges. You must consult an experienced Villanova drinking lawyer to determine whether entering one of these programs is the wisest move for you or your child because all of these programs are not the same and even the completion of some can still leave the participant with a license suspension or conviction of a "lesser" offense. If you or your child has been cited for a Villanova underage drinking ticket in Ardmore, Narberth, Paoli, Devon, Newtown Square, Bala Cynwyd, Radnor, or Wayne PA, contact the Law Offices of Basil Beck III at (610) 239-8870. I am a Villanova graduate and a resident of Lower Merion Township and I am available to speak with you at your convenience. For more information, go to PA Underage Drinking Lawyer.